Jan 29, 2013
Cordyceps sinensis is considered a medicinal mushroom that increases energy, stimulates the immune system, and acts as an overall tonic to the body. It is one of the more famous Chinese herbs, but has only gained attention in the West over the last few decades.
In addition to its reported health benefits, this fungus is known for its unique way of reproducing. It develops inside insect larvae, killing and mummifying the remains before popping out of the ground as a fruiting body. This horror movie action makes cordyceps one of the coolest mushrooms around.
There are many reported health benefits of the cordyceps mushroom. Some of these include:
- Cholesterol reduction
- Promotes balanced blood sugar
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Faster recovery from bronchitis and respiratory diseases
- Increased efficiency and stamina of the circulatory system
- Anti-tumor and antioxidant properties
- Liver protection and enhanced recovery from chemotherapy
- A general body adaptogen, resulting in more energy, strength, and stamina