Jan 29, 2013
The Ganoderma lucidum, also known as the Reishi Mushroom, has been called the ‘elixir of immortality’ and the ‘medicine of kings’. This gem of funguses has the ability to boost the immune system, fight cancer, calm the nerves and provide relief from allergies.
This miracle mushroom grows on living or dead wood of deciduous trees. When eaten, the flavor of the mushroom is described as bitter and woody, and the skin is considered rather tough. Reishi mushrooms are generally found for sale in whole, powdered, or encapsulated forms.
There are many reported health benefits of the reishi mushroom. Some of these include:
- Relief of viral infections
- Boost the immune system
- Prevention of heart disease
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Lower high cholesterol
- Prevention of prostate cancer
- Strong antioxidant properties
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties